According to the statutes of IMCS/MIEC Pax Romana, its World Assembly, the highest decision-making body of the Movement, is scheduled to take place this year.
- Theme: “Global Climate Emergency – Capacity building of tertiary students to be advocates for environmental, social, cultural, political and economic justice”
- Venue: International Youth Training Centre (IYTC), Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Date: 3rd to 9th of July 2023
Considering the threat of climate change to all life and mother earth, IMCS Pax Romana through the theme as mentioned above shall conduct global study session in response to the emergency. Within the precincts of the Global Study Session, IMCS Pax Romana is expecting to achieve the following objectives through its collaborations;
- Awareness building on climate change and global climate emergency
- Equipping participants with necessary analytical tools for understanding issues
- Skill building to respond to climate change-related issues
- Creating a global plan of action of 4 years
- Getting the members of IMCS network and partner networks engaging in local, national and international climate change advocacy and actions.
The study session shall be followed by the statutory session which provides the necessary guidelines to Global Catholic Tertiary students to make the organizational decisions. This session is considered an Assembly and the following are some of the objectives to be achieved through the statutory session.
- Election of International President, Secretary General and Ecclesiastical Assistant.
- Evaluating IMCS Pax Romana as a Movement and making necessary decisions for addressing the issues and the needs of the Movement at National, Regional and International levels for the coming 4-years.
- Reviewing IMCS General Statutes and making necessary amendments.
- Designing and approving IMCS Pax Romana Plan of Action 2024 – 2027
As a Movement, we understand that “Climate change is an existential threat to all life and the earth”, and we cannot stress this enough. Hence, to reinforce our climate actions, and set in motion strategies we’re gathering students and partners in Chiang Mai, Thailand in July.